Monday, October 27, 2008

First Letter from Sacramento!!!

Greetings from the land of the trees!!! So I'm officially in California! And I'm loving it! Oh how I love it! From the minute I got off the plane it has been great! The flight was bumpy...really bumpy! The poor elder next to me, it was his first time flying! The attendants took great care of them, two of them were members. As soon as we got off the plane, it felt awesome! I was so excited!!! We got to the other side of security and the assistant was waiting for us, he told ;us to get in a asingle file and go down the escalator. At the bottom was our mission president and wife and the 2 other assistants. It was so exciting! They were taking pictures and smiling! We got our luggage and took a trip around Sacramento. Interesting place! Then we went to the temple to have a picnic on the grounds. It is such a pretty temple! Then the assistant put in a cd and it was a song from Remember the Titans. As we drove up to the temple it kept getting more and more intense, then as soon as we pulled up to the temple it had Gordon B Hinckley's testimony. We soon had to meet back at the mission home so we hurried back.

I love my mission president and his wife, they are wonderful and so fun! Sister Moss and I spent the night at a home near by. It was a beautiful home and we got the best sleep in three weeks!

At the church, we had some training and then it was time to meet our companions. We started walking down the hall to the chapel and could hear , "Called to Serve" being sung. Then we walked in and saw all our trainers. We sat down on the opposite side then one by one, the president called us up, gave us a letter and read where we were going to serve. Everyone clapped, then our trainers ran up and hugged us, it was quite the experience!

My companion is Sister Anderson from Provo. Sister Moss and her companion will be sharing the same house with us. We are the first sister missionaries to be there in about 15 years! Everyone is so excited, they don't know quite what to do! Both our trainers are Spanish speaking missionaries and were pulled out to train us. I'm learning a bit of spanish so I can pray and bear testimony. We are living in a house where elders have been for a long time and its gross! The RS has a service project going on right now to clean it! Love you all! The church is true!!! Don't forget to write!!!

1 comment:

Dez said...

Oh so cute. I'm so glad to hear she is doing so great. She has such a great attitude. It looks like she is having fun. I'm glad Jeff got to see her how special. I look forward to your posts of our girl. The church is true!